Homeowner Resources

Property Tax Assistance

If you are still paying your Habitat mortgage, then your property tax payments are saved through your monthly mortgage payment and then paid by the mortgage bank each year to your county or city government to cover your property's tax bill.  You should receive an annual notice of the amount of your taxes.  Certain homeowners may qualify to get some of this money returned or have the amount of their taxes frozen (to keep it from increasing in the future). Check out the resources below!

State of TN - Property Tax Relief Tennessee state law provides for property tax relief for low-income elderly and, disabled homeowners and as well as disabled veteran homeowners or their surviving spouses

State of TN - Property Tax Freeze - Homeowners qualifying for the program will have the property taxes on their principal residence frozen at a base tax amount, which is the amount of taxes owed in the year they first qualify for the program.

Housing Resiliency Fund - Property Tax Relief Program - Property Tax relief program available for certain Davidson County homeowners offered through The Housing Fund's Housing Resiliency Fund.   Eligible Habitat homeowners could receive an estimated $500 in annual assistance based on recent increases to their property taxes. Information can also be found on the Housing Resiliency Fund's information page located here.

Mortgage and Other Financial Assistance

If you are experiencing financial difficulty or crisis, the below resources may be able to assist with your mortgage, utilities, or other expenses.  Habitat offers this as possible resources but cannot guarantee eligibility or availability of funds from these programs.

Click the name of each program to be directed to their website. 

211 Helpline – United Way of Greater Nashville’s 24/7, 365-day information and referral helpline that provides individuals in need with help in times of crisis and beyond.  Call 211, or visit their web directory and use the search filters to find appropriate assistance based on your location.

Needlink - NeedLink Nashville provides emergency financial assistance and has helped area residents in need for more than a century. Applications are made online. For additional assistance, call (615) 269-6835.

Rooftop - Building stability through a compassionate & collaborative rent/mortgage assistance program.

Salvation Army - Food and Financial Assistance Program, visit the website or call 615-242-0411.

Metro Action Commission - Provides many programs to assist Davidson County residents, including mortgage and utility help.  Visit the website to apply or call 615-862-8860.

Foreclosure Prevention and Financial Counseling

HUD Housing Counseling Agencies

These agencies provide advice on buying a home, renting, defaults, foreclosures, and credit issues.  Search for local agencies here.

Tennessee Housing Development Agency

Financial Empowerment Center

Free financial and credit coaching! Contact them at (615)748-3620 or www.fec.Nashville.gov to schedule an appointment.